Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Food Sensitivity Test

When I first posted on my Facebook that I was doing a no carb/paleo diet, my friend Amy reached out to me.  She is a nutritionist for a local doctor and let me know what her office has to offer.  One of those things was a Food Sensitivity Test.  I have heard of such things in the past and have always been interested in doing one.  I know what foods effect me in what ways, but this was kind of an eye opener and something I am still working on understanding.  I have been going over the things on here and trying to think of meals I can make and still do no carbs.  It is tough, but I have a list so far!

This list is broken down into 4 categories, Severe, Moderate, Mild Intolerance and everything else that my body is fine with.

One of the big things on the test was gluten.  I, like most apparently, am severely intolerant to Gluten.  I love things that have gluten in them... bread, pasta, crackers and MANY other things.  I always feel sluggish, bloated, gassy and burpy after eating it and it makes sense now.  I do not have an allergy too, my body is just not fond of it.

Another was cow.  Not just beef, or milk, but the whole gosh darn cow.  I love me some streak and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE a tall glass of cold milk and do NOT get me started on cheese.  I love cheese (I love lamp)  But again, like gluten, it slows me down, makes me tired, makes me gassy and bloated.  Milk more than beef and I love me some beef!

Another was Cayenne Pepper.  I bring this one up as more of a joke.  Heh!  My hunnies loves spicy foods.  So much.  I, on the other hand, like to be able to taste and feel with my face.  So, I saw this and told my hunnies that it meant no more spicy food!  He was not too thrilled.  Heh!

One I was not surprised at... chicken and eggs.  My body loves those and hell, I love them.  So I can keep them!

In the mild category are some of my favorite things; Avocados, basil, Black/green teas, Salmon, tomatoes, mahi mahi, honeydew, cucumber and cauliflower to name a few.  These I am supposed to only eat every few days.  I make no promises right now!  I am carb craving hard, taking these out might be hard too.  Heh!

I will post more as I go through it, but I am curious as to peoples thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment