Sunday, July 24, 2016

... And we're back!

Well hello there!

It's been a little while.  I have been meaning to come back, write up a new post, say hello and get this started again.

At the beginnng of the year, I joined a gym and have been going at least once a week since then.  Meeting with a personal trainer has helped to be consistent.  I finally went to the doctor and had my right knee looked at.  This week, I start a series of three shots to help with the swelling.  I've been going to Physical Therapy and it seems to be helping as well.  In March, I joined a Roller Derby, but with the busyness of the convention, I had to put that on hold.  I am hoping to start again once it cools off and it isn't as hot as Satan's butthole here.

Even with these things I have been doing, I have not lost any weight.  The only time I did is when I got sick at the convention with a really bad stomach bug and couldn't keep anything in for two days and I lost nine pounds.  Then I gained 7 right back.

To put it lightly... I am struggling.  Borderline depressed about it as well.

I started seeing a nutritionalist in hopes that maybe something was off.  Besides my hormones being crazy due to my birth control, I have a few other things to work on.

However... it all comes down to what I am consuming.  I have a sugar addiction, I love food and I am ALWAYS hungry.  Like, seriously, I could eat all the freaking time.  I have huge internal arguments about when and what to eat and I almost always lose.

It is getting harder, especially when I try to change my diet.  I do not want to get to the point of what my Uncle and my Dad went through; having a life scare to make me change all the bad habits and food addictions that I have.

But... I know I need to make these changes.  I know I need to eat differently, work out more and just be more attentive to what I am doing.  It... is... so... hard.  And stress does not help much.

I read these stories of these people who stayed strong for days, weeks, months, even years and I am like... HOW?!  How can you stay strong?  How do you resist?  Cheat days are out of the question for me because then I just cheat all the time.  Oh wait... brb.

Okay, back.  I made some broccoli for a snack tomorrow.

Le siiiiiiigh

So, here I am.  Struggling to eat, struggling with self control, struggling with energy and just not being fat anymore.

I am not sure how to move forward.  The long term goals I set at the beginning of the year completely fell through.

For now... I am going to take it a day at a time; a meal at a time; a decision at a time.

So... here's t trying again.  I am aiming for less food, better food and more effort.  Pokemon Go is helping with the more effort.  Been doing over 8000 steps a day since I started playing, trying to add an additional 2,000 for good measure.

I am going to start posting again in hopes that it will keep me driven and maybe help someone else as I go.

Thanks for listening all!

Discipline is choosing between what I want now and what I want most.

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, I hear you.
    As with so many things in life, there is no magic pill, no simple inspiration, or mountaintop wisdom that will make certain challenges easy. Relationships, careers, personal quests, medical challenges and... weight loss: they are all journeys. Timing seems to affect them, and life happens.
    I have in my life's journey done weight loss I believe four times. I believe it was 55 lbs, then regained more, then 65 lbs, then regained more, then 75 lbs but blew out my gall bladder (RIP), then regained again up to almost 280 lbs. My last loss has been 95 lbs since Feb 2015, most of that in about 10 months, but since then I've been maintaining with small gains and losses of around 5 lbs.
    How did I do it and how am I maintaining it?
    I walk, like you do. But no matter how much you walk (I am currently walking an average of almost 40 miles a week), you will not lose without limiting your caloric intake. Everyone is different, but my body pretty much goes into hibernation mode after awhile and hoards its energy and fat. I have to eat 1400 calories a day or less to lose weight. I'm currently eating about 1900-2200 calories a day for the past few months because I started snacking again and I am not gaining only because of my lengthy daily speed walks (4.2 mph). If I want to lose again, I have to stop snacking and I haven't been able to do that lately with my job change and challenges.
    So I feel your pain. I know how hard it is to limit snacking and sugar. But you will not lose weight without changing your snacks. I've kept a log the whole time of what I've eaten, what the calories were, and my weights. I'm willing to share my spreadsheet with you to see if you can find anything that will help you.
    Sometimes it will be easy, for me I have to make it a habitual thing. Sometimes it will be near impossible, but never give up until you get what you want! You are not alone!
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calorie intact is my biggest thing. I need to limit that. I started taking Phentermine and even in the two days that I have been taking it, it has helped curb my appetite SO MUCH! So, the calorie count is going down!

    ReplyDelete